In a meeting with Kuwait Human Rights Association regarding the issue of Kuwait’s Bedoon, the head of Central Agency Saleh Al-Fidhala continued with his propaganda regarding the Bedoon issue. In the meeting, Al-Fidhala stated:
1) There are 34,000 Bedoon who are legitimate to get citizenship, however, the agency is still “double-checking” their cases.
2) As for the “security holds”, Al-Fidhala said he has no right to take off the holds and that they are the responsibility of the interior ministry. (On another note, several Bedoon have submitted official complaints against the fake holds put on their files that terminate their ability to get any documents. They still haven’t received replies and will go to court in case their holds do not get lifted.)
3) Regarding the Bedoon who were forced to buy fake passports of other countries in order to keep their jobs, Al-Fidhala said the foreign ministry is working with other countries to “double-check” on those cases and still waiting.
4) On the case of Bedoon martyrs, Al-Fidhala said that the Martyr office is responsible for this and that they will be naturalized gradually starting with those who died in the 1967 and 1973 wars, then the Gulf war, and ending up with duty martyrs.
5) As for stoping charity aid to Bedoon, Al-Fidhala said Bedoon need to get their special IDs to get the aid and get registered in schools, so he called on them to get the IDs (although many get denied the right to those IDs by the agency that he is heading).
6) Regarding the birth certificates, Al-Fidhala said they are issued to those who “deserve them” and those who were denied certificates are hiding their foreign citizenship and he has proofs to that!
In a final comment, the Kuwaiti Human Rights Association stated that the answers of Al-Fidhala are not convenient and that he didn’t provide the association with any numbers, documents, or reports to support his answers.